Solidarity Group Financing
This product is designed to cater for the needs of small group of entrepreneurs, formal and informal sectors employees and businessmen which previously could not meet the financing criteria. The facilities have aims to help growth of small business through financing working capital, assets based, and other services.
Features and Benefits
- It is a shariah compliance financing approved by Shariah Supervisory Board.
- Minimum exposure to an individual entrepreneur in the group is TZS 300,000/= and maximum amount is TZS 4,000,000/=.
- Payment period is up to 12 months.
- Weekly repayment will be set up according to the agreement between the bank and customer.
- Transparent process
- Flexible repayment option.
- The entrepreneur shall belong to formed groups vetted by the Bank;
- Group members must be resident of the same market center/community;
- Close relatives such as spouses, children, parents, siblings etc. must not be members of the same SG;
- The entrepreneur shall receive loan approval from members of the group;
- The entrepreneur shall be 18 years of age and above
- The entrepreneur shall possess valid voters’ registration card, national identity card or passport;
- The entrepreneur shall have been banking with the Bank for at least one month,
- The entrepreneur shall be required to deposit a certain percentage of financing amount set by this policy as security;
- The entrepreneur shall contribute on weekly basis to the Saving Insurance Fund (SIF) a certain amount to be set by the Management;
- The entrepreneur shall have letters of recommendation from the local leader of their place of residence and confirmed by all group members.